Friday, April 30, 2010

A wedding and a discovery.

As much as I have always tried not to, I have found that I fall shamelessly into the 'girly' category when it comes to weddings. Not just any wedding, of course. The weddings I get dragged to involving a cousin I have never met before binding herself to some chump in the trucker business doesn't excite my inner girlishness nor my squeals of delight. In fact, I had always hated weddings until a recent decision was made by a most dear friend of mine with the most dear boy of hers to tie the knot. The match is perfect, the plans are fun and I am invited. It's all most exciting.

The wedding will take place in 2 weeks, and I find myself as eager as ever for it. Watching my friend plan and buy and talk about her wedding has been so nice to see and hear. I feel so happy for the dear girl! As for me, I play the part of 'bridesmaid'; although they aren't being formal about it so I thankfully don't have to wear an awful matching bridesmaid dress which I will one day look back on and shudder. Despite Lizzy's good taste, the art of choosing bridesmaid dresses will never be perfected. I am making my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment