Thursday, December 17, 2009

Unbelievable.

Christmas = 8 days away.

That is just incredible. A few years ago, I think I actually would have been excited at the thought. *Sigh*. I guess this dread of the holiday just comes with age. I feel so much less a child, and so much more a Scrooge.

By the way, I'm reading the original & unabridged A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. That is perhaps the only Christmas related thing I've done this month of my own will [aside, of course, for the purchase of gifts for my friends]. The book is very good. As you surely know, the same cannot be said for the multiple film adaptations of it. Ugh.

The same goes for most other Christmas films. And music, come to think of it. Sure, Bing Crosby's Christmas album is included between Sam Roberts and AFI on my CD shelf, but it's still quite rare that anything like that appeals to me. Christmas is so overrated.

I hate to be so negative, and I know that I sound like some sort of nihilist, but just bear with me, here. I am not a nihilist. I just feel like one tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment